Sunday, March 22, 2009

CONFESSIONS OF A SHOPAHOLIC


I know my friend is a shopaholic because she shops whenever she has the time to...

There was once... she woke up early to beat the crowd at Takashimaya. She started shopping at 10 plus in the morning and bought 3 pairs of shoes before noon time! Knowing that I like one of the GUESS watches there, she bought the one that I like before meeting me and presented it to me over lunch! Boy was I surprised! at her generous gesture as well as her purchases so far.

I went back to work, and she carried on to shop. Crazily, she bought 3 more bags after lunch. She even MMS me some pictures of the bags when she can't decide which one to get. Finally, she didn't take my suggestion and bought all 3 of them. One from Guess, one from Braun Buffel and the last one from Toscano *faint*

By dinner time, when I met her again I was totally overwhelmed by the paper bags she was holding onto. We loaded them into her car's back seats before heading for dinner. The boot was too small to accomodate her harvest as she's driving a Beetle with very small boot space. No more passengers can ever hop on the back seats. Well, the above mentioned are the "bigger" items that she bought. The "smaller" item includes......

- 2 piano score books from Kinokuniya,
- Facial products from Kiehls,
- Make-up products from Body Shop,
- Groceries from Cold Storage, and
- Some small Gifts from Precious Moments

In addition, she bought all these from her Japan trip last christmas... See the picture below. *faint*


Based on the books Confessions of a Shopaholic and Shopaholic Takes Manhattan by Sophie Kinsella.In the glamorous world of New York City, Rebecca Bloomwood (ISLA FISHER) is a fun-loving girl who is really good at shopping - a little too good, perhaps. She dreams of working for her favourite fashion magazine, but can't quite get her foot in the door-until ironically, she snags a job as an advice columnist for a financial magazine published by the same company. As her dreams are finally coming true, she goes to ever more hilarious and extreme efforts to keep her past from ruining her future.

Visit the website for more details. http://www.shoppingconfessions.com.sg/

Catch Confessions of a Shopaholic on 26 March!

No comments:

Post a Comment